Fisheye repository permissions applying to JIRA Source Tab

David Chou March 6, 2013

So I have a Perforce location //depot/foobar/...

Fisheye Group A can see all of //depot/foobar/...

Fisheye Group B can see everything in //depot/foobar/... except //depot/foobar/private/...

So I setup Fisheye:

"Repo1" to index //depot/foobar/... excluding //depot/foobar/private/... and both Group A and Group B has permissions.

"Repo2" to index only include //depot/foobar/private/... and only Group A has permissions.

This is all fine and dandy in Fisheye.

I'm looking to have JIRA's source tab also reflect these permissions. Basically a user in Group B cannot see the commits in repo2.

Both Group A and Group B has permissions to see the source tab. When looking at a particular JIRA ID:

1. If I am a user in Group A, I should see all changes that are committed in //depot/foobar/... for that JIRA ID.

2. If I am a user in Group B, I should see all changes EXCEPT ones that are committed in //depot/foobar/private/... for that JIRA ID.

#1: works fine

#2: I can see the changes committed to "Repo1" but I am getting an error to Repository "Repo2".

This list may be incomplete, as errors occurred whilst retrieving source from linked applications:

• Repository Repo2 on http://myserver:8060 failed: Error in remote call to 'myserver' (http://myserver:8060) [AbstractRestCommand{path='/rest-service-fe/changeset-v1/listChangesets/', params={expand=changesets[-21:-1].revisions[0:29], comment=TEST-1, p4JobFixed=TEST-1, rep=Repo2}, methodType=GET}] : Received status code 403 (Forbidden)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Hi David,

This error message indicates that FishEye returned a permisison error for the user making the query, which sounds like what you want, but you don't want the error to be displayed. Could you please clarify what version of FishEye and JIRA you're using?

If you're using FIshEye 2.9 or newer and a recent JIRA FishEye plugin, this message shouldn't be shown anymore because the way that JIRA queries the changesets from FishEye has changed. Perviously, JIRA would make one query for each repository on FishEye it knew about, but now it should make a single query for all visible changesets. This should prevent the error you're seeing.

Kind Regards,

Richard Stephens

David Chou March 6, 2013

Thanks for replying Richard, your understanding is correct - I do not want the error to be displayed.

YES! You were right, there was an update for FishEye plugin and that did resolve the issue! (...man... I should have read through the release notes)

=========================

For the greater audience, my Fisheye version and Fisheye Plugin were these:

Fisheye Version:2.9.2 Build:20121210041242 2012-12-10

FishEye Plugin 5.0.4.1

I upgraded the plugin to FishEye Plugin 5.0.14 which resolved the issue.

Suggest an answer