Fisheye not refreshing a Mercurial repo index

Gary Taylor July 29, 2012

I'm evaluating the downloaded Fisheye and JIRA on Windows 7, running against a Mercurial repo.

I did a commit of a file with "DEV-2" in the commit message and that commit was correctly linked with the DEV-2 issue in JIRA via the smart-commits stuff. All good.

Then I realised that I really meant to commit against the DEV-1 issue, so I did "hg commit --amend" and modified the commit message to contain "DEV-1" instead.

This change was picked up and the commit was linked to the DEV-1 issue. BUT it's also still linked to DEV-2.

I've tried rebuilding the Fisheye index (Admin -> Repo -> Maintainance) but it's still there.

If I do "hg log" on the command line, it only shows the DEV-1 changeset, but when I check the history in Fisheye it shows the DEV-2 and the DEV-1.

Why is Fisheye still keeping the DEV-2 changeset info? What can I do to refresh Fisheye so that it only shows a link to DEV-1 and not DEV-2?

Hopefully it's just something simple I've missed.

Thanks,
Gary

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Douglas Fabretti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hi Gary.

Sorry that you are facing problems with FishEye and JIRA integration.

When you modify a Commit message, no matter the SCM you are using, you will have to do the following on JIRA side:

• JIRA requires FishEye to manually refresh repository cache when repository changes are made — When a repository is removed, or when there has been any change in FishEye repositories, JIRA does not update the FishEye repository list cache automatically. You must manually refresh the repository list cache. This is done in JIRA: 'Administration' > 'FishEye Configuration' > 'Refresh Cache' link (next to 'Repository List Cache').

On FishEye you can try a manual re-index of your repository:

• Stop FishEye.
  • Delete the contents of the folder <FISHEYE_INST>/var/cache/<REPO_NAME>
  • Start FishEye

Please let me know if after this procedure the problem was solved.

Cheers,
Douglas Fabretti
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Gary Taylor October 9, 2012

Shame it's such a protracted process. We're looking at Redmine now, and that has a better approach to refreshing issue->commit links.

0 votes
Gary Taylor August 1, 2012

This is blocking our evaluation and we only have a couple of weeks left in which I'd very much like to give JIRA and Fisheye a chance.

Suggest an answer