Fisheye and JIRA integration, no Source tab in JIRA

Ryan W November 2, 2011

I've created a link between JIRA and Fisheye and am able to see links from FishEye changlogs to JIRA issues show up correctly. But, am not seeing any "Source" tab on JIRA issue pages, or a "Source" link in the JIRA project dashboard page.

I've gone through the following so far:

That means I:

1. Created application links between JIRA and FishEye
  2. Created project link from JIRA project to FishEye repository
  3. Check permissions - my JIRA user is in the jira-developers group and jira-administrators group. The JIRA project is setup to use the "Default Permission Scheme" that has the "View Version Control" permission set to "Project Role (Developers)"
  4. The JIRA Project issue type is "GreenHopper Scrum Issue Type Scheme" using the "Default Screen Scheme"
  5. Commit to Subversion with a JIRA issue name in the comment
  6. FishEye changelog shows commit with a hyperlink to JIRA issue page
  7. No view of Source tab in JIRA still?!?

What am I missing?

8 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan W November 2, 2011

After tracking down the JIRA log, I noticed a lot of 404 errors in calling Fisheye. So, I double checked the FishEye configuration and noticed the Remote API settings was OFF. I turned it on and restarted JIRA and FishEye, re-established the application link using Trusted, re-establsihed the Project link and now I have a source tab.

Seems like some part of the Application Link process would have verified/detected if the API was accessible? Maybe a future improvement.

2 votes
Damien Joldersma December 16, 2011

I also ran into this problem with no source tab using JIRA v4.4 and Fisheye v2.7.8.

After going over all of the suggesstions on this page and dropping/adding my application links and configuring my project several times, even after I was able to get fisheye recent changes gadget to work on dashboard, I still didn't see the source tab in either issue or project summary page.

My fix was to disable and renable the fisheye plugin.

Seems somehow that it needed to reassert that things were configured, perhaps it was becuse I had enabled the plugin after other configuration changes that was previously not complete before, but I do not really know as I thrashed for better part of an afternoon on it. :)

Hope this helps someone else!

1 vote
Matt Smith March 7, 2012

Turning on the remote API call in fisheye, and then removing the Application and Project (entity links) and re-adding them has worked perfectly!

Thanks so much, this was driving me mad

0 votes
Ken Majewski March 4, 2013

I have seen this problem also. An additional symptom was that the repository links on the Fisheye plugin configuration page kept disappearing.

We tried changing the authentication from to trusted to Oauth, and that did not seem to help.

I re-created all links again, after disabling and re-enabling the Fisheye plugin. All links stayed stable overnight. Continuing to monitor.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

We have also seen links disappearing for no apparent reason. Sorry this doesn't help, just saying others are experiencing the same...

0 votes
Ryan W November 2, 2011

Both JIRA and FishEye are setup tdo authenticated against LDAP/ActiveDirectory. So, I tried to re-create the application link telling it that the users were managed separately and it triggered OAuth. I completed the OAuth login by adding a repository link in the JIRA project admin and it still didn't help.

0 votes
Ryan W November 2, 2011

It was using trusted application authentication. I switched it to Basic and it didn't help.

Which logs?

0 votes
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2011

I would check the logs to see if anything useful shows up (perhaps even paste it here).

In your steps above, you haven't mentioned what sort of authentication mechanism you used when creating the application link - is it OAuth, trusted applications, or BASIC auth?

If its trutsed applications, make sure the same user exists on both Fisheye and JIRA. If its Oauth, you will need to have a valid OAuth token after creating the application link - otherwise, the plugin cannot retrieve the list of fisheye repositories (and hence no source tab ).

BASIC auth is the most reliable, but the application link wizard does not prompt you with an option to enable BASIC auth. You will need to manually set it by clicking on the Configure link in the application link admin page, and in the 'out going authentication' tab, find BASIC auth, and type in the user name and password.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

Permission is the one thing that people normally miss. If you have covered that, can you check if all the modules in the plugin are enabled?

Ryan W November 2, 2011

I don't know if the permissions are right or not. That's why I'm asking. I'm just reporting what I did and how it looks now. But, unfortunately, there's so many layers of permissions, plugins, application links, project links, modules and configuration that it's not easy to tell. Is there a query I can run or something to test it? I'll look for modules.

Ryan W November 2, 2011

It reports 88 of 88 modules enabled.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2011

'View version control' is the permission needed. You say the permission is granted to developers role but have you added the jira-developers groups in the Developer role of the project? You can check it under project administration page, Members tab.

Modules are all enabled it seems.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2011

Jobin is right, that's the obvious thing. Check also that the role Developers has View Version Control permissions in the permission scheme, and that the current user is in jira-developers.

Ryan W November 2, 2011

Yes, jira-developers is added the Project Developer role on the project admin.

Ryan W November 2, 2011

User is in jira-developers group. jira-developers is in Project Developer role. Project Developer role has View version control permission for the project.

Suggest an answer