Fisheye Source tab in JIRA error 401 (unauthorized)

Ben Daniels December 11, 2013

We recently upgraded our JIRA to version 6.0.8 and Fisheye to 3.1.1

I followed the posted Atlassian instructions on integrating Fisheye with JIRA via Application Links and the connection worked fine. I also added the IP and URL patterns per the instructions. No errors during setup or configuration. Everything looks fine.

However, when I get the following error when I try to view Source in a project or via the Source tab in a ticket.

Request to http://fisheye.<mycompany>:8060/failed: Error in remote call to 'fisheye' (http://fisheye.<mycompany>:8060) [AbstractRestCommand{path='/rest-service-fe/search-v1/crossRepositoryQuery', params={query=<project>, expand=changesets[0:20].revisions[0:29],reviews}, methodType=GET}] : Received status code 401 (Unauthorized)

I was able to resolve the issue by enabling anonymous read access to the repository in Fisheye, however, I do not want to do that in my environment for security reasons. Has anyone encountered this issue? I tried following other fixes I saw posted and I've re-created the app link multiple times successfully with different users (who have admin privileges) but no matter which user creates the application link I still cannot view unless I tick the "anonymous read" access box in Fisheye on the repository.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I've also tried setting up permissions groups on the repository with no success. I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or there is an issue I'm not aware of.

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2013

Hi Ben,

The user you type while creating the Application Link will be used only to create the Application Link, that's why he needs to be an administrator. It will not be used everytime in order to retrieve information from FishEye.

This error means that the user logged in JIRA side either doesn't exist in FishEye side or is not among the groups allowed to read the repository.

As it works when you enable anonymous access, it's most probable that the JIRA user doesn't exist in FishEye side. Can you please check this?

I hope this helps!

1 vote
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2014

Hi Ben,

Yes, it applies to Crowd as well. Can you check if your user is able to login to FishEye from Crowd?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Testing+a+User's+Login+to+an+Application

Please note that the user details need to be exactly the same in both JIRA and FishEye, not only the user ID.

Ben Daniels January 9, 2014

This fixed it! Looks like the user account details were out of sync. Once I fixed it and was able to log into Fisheye with the user, the Source tab also began working in JIRA. Coincidentally, user id's of type "built-in" with identical info are also working too.

Thanks much for your help on this one.

0 votes
Neil Nelson October 15, 2014

I am also having problems with "Received status code 401 (Unauthorized)".  I have JIRA configures to use SSO with Crowd and Crowd is authenticating with LDAP.  I get the unauthorized message even if I enable anonymous access in FishEye.  From FishEye, when I click on "test connection" it says everything is working, but on the JIRA side I cannot access the source.  I'm told by the user who reported this that it used to work, so I probably broke it somwhere along the line when updating JIRA, FishEye or Crowd.

0 votes
Ben Daniels January 5, 2014

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. Does this apply to Crowd authentication as well? We are using Crowd and my user id (the one I'm using in JIRA) is over in Fisheye, and a member of the groups that are allowed to access the repo. Not sure if there is something going on with the Crowd authentication that requires an extra step?

Suggest an answer