Fisheye Commits on a version in Jira

Remco Jansen August 4, 2014

We are using Jira and fisheye for the development registration. When a bug is found, the bug is fixed, committed and registered on a fixed version. Is it possible to get all the commits from a Jira version in a list or something like this?

Now we cycle trough the jira issues of a version and make the list by looking at the source tab. This is verry prone to error.

1 answer

0 votes
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

Hi Remco,

I think you'll find the FishEye Release Report plugin useful. It provides a report on what issues were fixed in a particular release and highlights any discrepancies found (for example issues marked as fixed with no code committed).

Another option is to use your version control system to generate a list issue keys relating to commits between two versions of your product. For example, in git you can grep out a list of issue keys fixed between two tags like this:

git log --oneline stash-parent-3.1.2..stash-parent-3.1.3 | egrep -o [A-Z]+-[0-9]+ | sort | uniq

This will generate a list of issue keys like:

SSHD-330
STASH-4966
STASHDEV-7214
STASHDEV-7251

Which can be displayed in the JIRA issue navigator by constructing a JQL query, like:

issue in (SSHD-330, STASH-4966, STASHDEV-7214, STASHDEV-7251)

cheers,

Tim

TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

I liked the parsing issue keys from the commit log and displaying it in JIRA so much that I decided to build little git extension around it: https://bitbucket.org/tpettersen/git-issue-keys

Suggest an answer