Fisheye Commits on a version in Jira

We are using Jira and fisheye for the development registration. When a bug is found, the bug is fixed, committed and registered on a fixed version. Is it possible to get all the commits from a Jira version in a list or something like this?

Now we cycle trough the jira issues of a version and make the list by looking at the source tab. This is verry prone to error.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Remco,

I think you'll find the FishEye Release Report plugin useful. It provides a report on what issues were fixed in a particular release and highlights any discrepancies found (for example issues marked as fixed with no code committed).

Another option is to use your version control system to generate a list issue keys relating to commits between two versions of your product. For example, in git you can grep out a list of issue keys fixed between two tags like this:

git log --oneline stash-parent-3.1.2..stash-parent-3.1.3 | egrep -o [A-Z]+-[0-9]+ | sort | uniq

This will generate a list of issue keys like:

SSHD-330
STASH-4966
STASHDEV-7214
STASHDEV-7251

Which can be displayed in the JIRA issue navigator by constructing a JQL query, like:

issue in (SSHD-330, STASH-4966, STASHDEV-7214, STASHDEV-7251)

cheers,

Tim

I liked the parsing issue keys from the commit log and displaying it in JIRA so much that I decided to build little git extension around it: https://bitbucket.org/tpettersen/git-issue-keys

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you