Fisheye Commits on a version in Jira

We are using Jira and fisheye for the development registration. When a bug is found, the bug is fixed, committed and registered on a fixed version. Is it possible to get all the commits from a Jira version in a list or something like this?

Now we cycle trough the jira issues of a version and make the list by looking at the source tab. This is verry prone to error.

1 answer

Hi Remco,

I think you'll find the FishEye Release Report plugin useful. It provides a report on what issues were fixed in a particular release and highlights any discrepancies found (for example issues marked as fixed with no code committed).

Another option is to use your version control system to generate a list issue keys relating to commits between two versions of your product. For example, in git you can grep out a list of issue keys fixed between two tags like this:

git log --oneline stash-parent-3.1.2..stash-parent-3.1.3 | egrep -o [A-Z]+-[0-9]+ | sort | uniq

This will generate a list of issue keys like:

SSHD-330
STASH-4966
STASHDEV-7214
STASHDEV-7251

Which can be displayed in the JIRA issue navigator by constructing a JQL query, like:

issue in (SSHD-330, STASH-4966, STASHDEV-7214, STASHDEV-7251)

cheers,

Tim

I liked the parsing issue keys from the commit log and displaying it in JIRA so much that I decided to build little git extension around it: https://bitbucket.org/tpettersen/git-issue-keys

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

63 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you