FishEye/Crucible entity mappings in JIRA

Ron Summers July 16, 2012

How do you purge the FishEye/Crucible Entity mappings that show up on the FishEye configuration page in JIRA? I have tried to refresh the caches and that doesn't help. When a JIRA project is no longer linked to FE repos or Crucible projects, those mappings are not clearing on this page. This causes problems on the Source tabs in JIRA issues when the FE repo has been disabled or removed.

We have also noticed that when you delete/re-create project level links (entity mappings), we see duplicate entries in the mappings on the FE configuration page in JIRA.

Also note that when the global app link is removed, all of the project level links are removed (if you look at the projects) but the mappings in this page are not cleared (hence the problem above when re-creating the links).

Is there something we can do about this?

5 answers

0 votes
J July 22, 2015

I'm stuck on this issue too....the list of repositories in JIRA won't update when I add or remove a repository in Fisheye.

My incoming/outgoing links are configured using OAuth, with "Allow 2-legged auth" checked.

Any way to fix this?

0 votes
Noam Krendel October 15, 2012

I have the same issue... I have non-existent mappings showing in the Fisheye Configuration Entity Mappings page. Were you able to find a resolution?

0 votes
Daniel Swaney September 12, 2012

I found one location of the cached list from FishEye that appears in JIRA's FishEye Configuration Tab...

It's located under '[FishEyeInstallDir]/cache/globalfe/index.properties'

Or in my case:
C:\usr\fisheye\fecru-2.7.14\cache\globalfe\index.properties

Ron Summers July 1, 2014

Forgot about this question. Curious that it would be in the FishEye installation since it is the plug-in installed into JIRA but that may be where the JIRA plug-in is getting its info. I'll have to look into this.

The frustrating thing is we were able to use the information we received from Support to clear these out in our dev/test environments but the same process hasn't been successful in clearing out production.

0 votes
Edouard Coissy July 24, 2012

I have the same issue and it's really annoying.

First, I thought that it depends from which application the link is being created, but that doesn't matter at all, since both links are being created (optionally) at the same time.

The entity mappings are being cached anyhow and we don't have a chance to avoid the loading of old FE and CRU project information as these projects are not existing anymore.

My approach was the following:

Delete all application links from JIRA to FE/CRU

Go in FE/CRU and create an application link for JIRA

Go to the CRU project settings and create an application link for your desired project and map it to JIRA project

Go to the FE repository settings and create an application link for your desired project and map it to JIRA

Go to the JIRA FE configuration (I can see right there that no entity mapping is set)

Hit "refresh" to verify if JIRA is mapping the correct FE repository as well the CRU project. As I am aware that my repo and my CRU project which have been mapped before have completely different names and abbreviations in compare to the old environnment settings (these have been deleted anyway), I can see right away that the old information has been mapped.

Also verify that the default repo and CRU project have no application links to JIRA. There must be something strange happening here. Haven't checked, if a restart may resolve the problem. But I agree with you Ron, it has something to do with some caching. Or a config file not being updated successfully.

0 votes
Edouard Coissy July 24, 2012

I have the same issue and it's really annoying.

First, I thought that it depends from which application the link is being created, but that doesn't matter at all, since both links are being created (optionally) at the same time.

The entity mappings are being cached anyhow and we don't have a chance to avoid the loading of old FE and CRU project information as these projects are not existing anymore.

My approach was the following:

Delete all application links from JIRA to FE/CRU

Go in FE/CRU and create an application link for JIRA

Go to the CRU project settings and create an application link for your desired project and map it to JIRA project

Go to the FE repository settings and create an application link for your desired project and map it to JIRA

Go to the JIRA FE configuration (I can see right there that no entity mapping is set)

Hit "refresh" to verify if JIRA is mapping the correct FE repository as well the CRU project. As I am aware that my repo and my CRU project which have been mapped before have completely different names and abbreviations in compare to the old environnment settings (these have been deleted anyway), I can see right away that the old information has been mapped.

Also verify that the default repo and CRU project have no application links to JIRA. There must be something strange happening here. Haven't checked, if a restart may resolve the problem. But I agree with you Ron, it has something to do with some caching. Or a config file not being updated successfully.

Suggest an answer