FishEye Configuration on Jira

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Hi All

Someone in the past tried to connect jira with Fisheye and left a false fisheye configuration on the production instance. Due to this everytime I click on the All tab on an issue it takes ages to load and the logs shows this error -

2013-02-15 03:48:31,987 http-8090-3 ERROR aica 228x1313x1 1odmnmn 10.x.x.xx /secure/admin/AssociateFishEyeReps!default.jspa [com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin.FishEyeManagerImpl] Failed to retrieve FishEye repositories from http://xx-fisheye.xxxxxx.com:nnnn/
java.io.IOException: Failed to authenticate with FishEye. See logs for more details.

I have tried to delete this configuration but have failed to do so. When I click on Fish Eye configuration it allows me to edit the primary configuration or add a new fisheye connection but not to delete that existing configuration.

Can I remove this configuration somehow manually?

Any ideas?

Should i disable all modules of the fisheye configuration plugin?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Which version of JIRA is this, I am guessing 4.2?

Aren't you supposed to delete the application links to Fisheye to delete the configuration?

Rahul - time to upgrade. Support has ended for 4.2 last week - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Atlassian+Support+End+of+Life+Policy

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

Hi Renjith

Thanks for your comments.

I agree. I very much want to upgrade to 5.X but I need to perform project imports of around 20K issues on 4.1.2 (there's another Jira instance at 4.1.2).

Is there any remedy for this at 4.1.2. At the moment i have disabled all modules of fisheye plugin from plugin link and that seems to have resolved the issue?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

I am not sure :( Have even forgotten how those administration screens look in 4.2.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

No worries Renjith...I have disabled the fisheye plugin and it works just fine...only drawback is that i cannot click on fisheye configuration via UI else it throws an error log. Once I am on 5.X i get the application links feature which should help me get rid of this rogue fisheye configuration

Rahul

Suggest an answer