FishEye Changeset gadget not working

Blake May 14, 2013

Attemping to add a FishEye repo changset gadget results in "The specified FishEye repository is not configured"

I've tried deleting and adding new Application Links between JIRA/FishEye to no avail. The link is a Trusted Application. I've played around with the IP/URL patterns also (none, values suggested by integration guide, etc). JIRA/FishEye is on the same server.

The repo in FishEye does not have anon access. Only people in certain groups have access to the repository itself. I've confirmed that my admin user can see the repo in FishEye, so I'm assuming that it not the problem.

It seems that FishEye cannot find my user? However, this is how I log in to FishEye itself (using JIRA User Server).

Here's the FishEye Log:

2013-05-15 13:05:41,464 ERROR [btpool0-32 ] fisheye DefaultUserManager-createTrustedUserLoginImpl - Communication error with crowd

com.cenqua.fisheye.user.AuthenticationException: Problem communicating with Crowd

2013-05-15 13:05:41,575 WARN [btpool0-32 ] com.atlassian.security.auth.trustedapps.filter.TrustedApplicationFilterAuthenticator TrustedApplicationFilterAuthenticator-authenticate - User 'blake.devcich' referenced by trusted application: 'jira:5030264' is not found.

2013-05-15 13:05:41,575 WARN [btpool0-32 ] com.atlassian.fisheye.trustedapplications.FisheyeAuthenticationListener FisheyeAuthenticationListener-authenticationFailure - Failed trusted applications authentication attempt:USER_UNKNOWN;Unknown User: {0};["blake.devcich"]

And here is the JIRA Log:

2013-05-15 13:14:44,225 http-bio-8080-exec-18 ERROR blake.devcich 794x12020x3 17ip32r 10.107.96.120 /rest/fegadgets/1.0/fisheyerecentcommits/generate [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service

java.lang.NullPointerException

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2013

Hi Blake,

I've played around with the IP/URL patterns also (none, values suggested by integration guide, etc).

It would be better if you remove all the settings for this.

It seems that FishEye cannot find my user? However, this is how I log in to FishEye itself (using JIRA User Server).

Please confirm if your username in FishEye is 'blake.devcich'.

Is JIRA Source Tab working for your user?

Blake May 19, 2013

I have removed all the IP/URL settings to no avail.

I've confirmed my fisheye user is present with that name.

There is code under the source tab for JIRA, but it seems it's from Stash and not Fisheye.

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2013

Attemping to add a FishEye repo changset gadget results in "The specified FishEye repository is not configured"

Since you are seeing this message, try removing the Application Link and recreate it again

Blake May 21, 2013

Removing and recreating the application link between the two results in the same issue.

Foong
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2013

The repo in FishEye does not have anon access. Only people in certain groups have access to the repository itself. I've confirmed that my admin user can see the repo in FishEye, so I'm assuming that it not the problem.

Do you mean that you can see the repo from the Admin screen only? Please confirm if your user can see the repository source from FishEye server.

Blake May 28, 2013

My user does have access to the repo in FishEye when not in the Admin page.

Foong
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2013

Please create the issue at https://support.atlassian.com

Paul Merryfellow July 24, 2014

Was there a solution to this?

Suggest an answer