First Login into a Private Server version of Jira

Hello! My company has been using Cloud version of JIRA for a while and we're considering a switch to a server version (for wider plugin support). We've setup a trial account for test purouses and managed to fire it up. During the first configuration steps I've chosen to migrate our Cloud back-up into the new Server version. On one of the screens I had the ability to choose between Public and Private access modes and i chose Private (admin invitation required). My back-up loaded up fine (or so it would seem) and I seemed to be done with setting it up.

Then, on the newly setup JIRA dashboard I got prompted to log in, which got me confused, since it was the first launch and I never had a change to setup any admin account for myself. I tried using my old Cloud credentials (hoping those were moved with the backup) and the new Atlassian account I used for this installation, but no luck. Im not sure how to gain access into this Server JIRA version now. Is there any sort of a default login for first launch? I run out of ideas and wasn't able to find anything on this subject. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance smile

3 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

The Cloud user accounts will have splatted the ones you added on installation.  

You should find your Cloud credentials work, but what you really need is System Admin accounts, which you don't get on Cloud.

However, the export from Cloud fixes this - try logging in as "sysadmin", with a password of "sysadmin".

When you're in, add your real account to the "system admin" group, check you have full admin rights and then, PLEASE, delete the sysadmin account.  I've seen ex-Cloud Jiras compromised because people forgot to remove them!

Thank you, that's exactly what i needed smile

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

207 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you