First Login into a Private Server version of Jira

Aidem Media October 21, 2014

Hello! My company has been using Cloud version of JIRA for a while and we're considering a switch to a server version (for wider plugin support). We've setup a trial account for test purouses and managed to fire it up. During the first configuration steps I've chosen to migrate our Cloud back-up into the new Server version. On one of the screens I had the ability to choose between Public and Private access modes and i chose Private (admin invitation required). My back-up loaded up fine (or so it would seem) and I seemed to be done with setting it up.

Then, on the newly setup JIRA dashboard I got prompted to log in, which got me confused, since it was the first launch and I never had a change to setup any admin account for myself. I tried using my old Cloud credentials (hoping those were moved with the backup) and the new Atlassian account I used for this installation, but no luck. Im not sure how to gain access into this Server JIRA version now. Is there any sort of a default login for first launch? I run out of ideas and wasn't able to find anything on this subject. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance smile

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2014

The Cloud user accounts will have splatted the ones you added on installation.  

You should find your Cloud credentials work, but what you really need is System Admin accounts, which you don't get on Cloud.

However, the export from Cloud fixes this - try logging in as "sysadmin", with a password of "sysadmin".

When you're in, add your real account to the "system admin" group, check you have full admin rights and then, PLEASE, delete the sysadmin account.  I've seen ex-Cloud Jiras compromised because people forgot to remove them!

0 votes
Aidem Media October 21, 2014

Thank you, that's exactly what i needed smile

0 votes
John Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Suggest an answer