Findreplace usage JIRA CLI

Varun D June 26, 2012

I have to remove a word from summary of all subtasks of a particular issue.I am Using CLI.

i started with using below command.

jira --action updateIssue --issue "ABCD-1234" --summary --findReplace "Clone:"

But it is not updating the summary of this particular issue.I just want to replace the Clone word in the summary of issue with blank space.

Getting below message

There are no field values changed by the parameters specified. Issue DEVINF-84 n
ot changed.

Please help me on the use of findreplace.

1 answer

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

updateIssue updates issue fields provided on the command (potentially with findReplace) but does not support retrieving existing content for modification. You will need to script retrieving the current data and then running the updateIssue. An alternative is to create an improvement request - https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/JCLI asking for something like modifyFieldValue that would be similar to modifyPage for Confluence.

Varun D June 27, 2012

Thanks Bob I have created an improvement.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

Reference is JCLI-280

Suggest an answer