Finding tasks that has at least 1 subtask

Fahim Ahmed April 4, 2020

Hello good people,
As the title says, I would like to find tasks in openSprints() that has at least 1 sub task without using any additional plugins like Scriptrunner or similar. Is there any way out for me? 

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Hi Fahim,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that out of the box Jira Cloud contains the OpenSprints() function to search for issues inside of open sprints but it does not contain any out of the box functions to search for tasks with at least 1 sub task. 

It contains the Parent field which can be used to search for subtasks of a parent issue specified by a certain Key but this does not allow you check for issues with a certain number of subtasks.

In order to do this you would need to use a plugin such as ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud which contains the numberOfSubtasks  keyword.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Fahim Ahmed April 12, 2020

Hi Kristian,

I was actually looking for an work around without using any kind of plugins. In case of ScriptRunner, ROI is not worthy for a team of 50+ people, just to get this solution only.

Anyways, thanks for the time you took to write this generous reply. 

Suggest an answer