Finding "active" users

Deleted user February 27, 2013

Hi. We are currently using JIRA and using our internal Active Directory for authentication. This means that under Users and Groups in JIRA, we see the entire company directory (yes, we could limit the scope but that would also limit users outside R&D). If I go to System Info, it tells me how many active users we have -- but I can't seem to find how to correlate that to the actual users.

On a similar note, how to make someone "inactive" (i.e. not take up a license) if they are no longer with the company?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2013

The actual users of JIRA is counted by the number of user that under the 'JIRA Users' Global Permission.

And, in order to reduce user count in JIRA, you might be interested to see the guide here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+reduce+my+user+count+in+JIRA

Hope that helps.

Deleted user February 27, 2013

Ahh...thanks for the tip. One follow up question: for the "Jira Users", we use LDAP groups (e.g. 'QA Department' and 'Engineering Deptartment'. If someone is both groups, do they get counted twice?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events