In one support project we have URLs referencing tickets in other systems that look like this
contained in the issue description. Users would like to search for the ticket id 123456 but we haven't found anything that works.
i have tried so far:
description ~ 123456 => no result
description ~ *123456 => invalid
description ~ 123456* => no result
Anyone has a working query ?
I know it would be much better to store the number in a custom field but this is not a solution that helps right now.
There are some limitations to the JIRA text searches (from the docs) :
Whole words only
JIRA cannot search for issues containing parts of words but on whole words only. The exception to this are words which are stemmed.
This limitation can also be overcome using fuzzy searches.
More information: http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/UAISCw
So, going for a custom field (or label) makes more sence for this problem.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs