Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Finding Tickets With Commonalities

Currently I am tracking bug reports and non-conformities in JIRA. I want to create a report from a filter that shows repetitive issues or trends in order to show a high level "top 5 common issues". I figure my best bet would be to use a dashboard that pulls from a filter i create.

I'm having trouble with the JQL query and am not quite sure how to structure the syntax in order to pull that list of tickets that have commonalities.

How can I put this all together in order to generate that living report?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Taylor purcell -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unless you have a fixed list of keywords or plan to regularly update the JQL, I am unclear how you could do this with out-of-the-box features.

Two other ways to help solve this are with money and divide-and-conquer:

• money: investigate marketplace addons to find such patterns in the text fields, and create word cloud type reports
  • divide-and-conquer: when bugs are created, have people select from a single-select custom field or add labels, enabling easier grouping and reporting with built-in features.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you