Finding Tickets With Commonalities

Taylor purcell May 31, 2022

Currently I am tracking bug reports and non-conformities in JIRA. I want to create a report from a filter that shows repetitive issues or trends in order to show a high level "top 5 common issues". I figure my best bet would be to use a dashboard that pulls from a filter i create.

I'm having trouble with the JQL query and am not quite sure how to structure the syntax in order to pull that list of tickets that have commonalities.

How can I put this all together in order to generate that living report?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Taylor purcell -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unless you have a fixed list of keywords or plan to regularly update the JQL, I am unclear how you could do this with out-of-the-box features.

Two other ways to help solve this are with money and divide-and-conquer:

• money: investigate marketplace addons to find such patterns in the text fields, and create word cloud type reports
  • divide-and-conquer: when bugs are created, have people select from a single-select custom field or add labels, enabling easier grouping and reporting with built-in features.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events