Find risks above certain calculated score

ChristianP July 12, 2017

My project has all risks in JIRA, with a calculated score. I would like to query JIRA for all risks above a certain score, but it does not seem to be possible. Any way to do that without a plugin?

risk.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

What type of field is "calculated risk"? 

The search depends on the type of field, as different fields have different ways to search.  A "greater than" search is almost always nonsense for a text type field, and probably should be searched as "alphabetically higher" instead.  Equally, a fuzzy text search on a date is useless, but you would want "earlier/later than" searches.

My guess is your calculated risk is being made searchable as a text field, which isn't going to be useful.  It might be possible to change it, but I don't know without the field type. 

Should be shown next to the field name in the list of custom fields.

ChristianP July 12, 2017

Not sure what kind of field it is - it's not displayed in the list of fields. 

calc.PNG

Any other way to check? 

Do you think the "greater than" search would work if this field is defined as a number?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Ah, different version of JIRA, the field type should be underneath it. 

If it's still not there, then can you try the "edit" link for the field and see what that says?  And then "configure" if there is the option to do that (some fields don't have configure)

ChristianP July 12, 2017

Unfortunately I don't have the admin rights to change these fields it seems. I could contact the platform admins, but I would guess that the field can not be easily changed without affecting everyone else on the platform.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2017

Ah, you'd need admin rights to get into the list of custom fields to see the type as well, that explains why you didn't get it in your screenshot.

ChristianP July 12, 2017

I'll try to figure it out with the admins. Thanks for your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2017

Yes, I can see it's a bit of a pain.  Without knowing what type of field it is now, I can't really give much guidance - you might be able to change the field template, or the searcher, or you might need to migrate to another field.

Suggest an answer