Find parent issue type of sub-task created using JQL

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2019

I am wanting to add a rule in Automation for Jira that changes the issue type of a sub-task, on creation, based on the issue type of the parent. I have looked at every community post online about fiiltering the parent in issuetype xyz, but nothing is working.

Please may someone tell me if this is possible? We are also not able to use scriptrunner, so it will need to be done with standard JQL

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2022

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ , I came across this old post and thought I would chime in. If you were on cloud or if you are using the automation for Jira addon for server then maybe the following would work for you.

you can use smartvalues to inspect the parent Issuetype - {{issue.key}}. You can use an if-else condition to check for each type and the have an action to change the subtask as desired.

Suggest an answer