Find all Storys to an Epic by using a subquery on Epic Link

Numb007 September 10, 2020

Hi together, 

in my organization we are working with Epics and Stories. Unfortunately we don't use the parent-child-connection between Epics and Stories, so in the query no function like epicsOf is working. So there is a field on Story called Epic Link and in this we are maintaining the corresponding Epic. 

Now I want to build a query to get all stories which are connected to an EPIC, where this Epic has a specific label or a specific fix version. 

Is this possible? 

Everytime if I try to create a subquery for the field Epic-Link this is not possible. DO you have any ideas? 

Thanks for you help in advance. 

Kind regards,

Numb007

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Numb007 September 17, 2020

I have found it issueFunction in epicsOf is working. 

Wendy Sorensen April 6, 2021

Can you give an example of this?  Is epicsOf available in Cloud Jira

0 votes
Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2020

You said you are not using the 'parent-child' relationship between epics and stories; how are you establishing which epic a story is a part of?

Assuming there is some kind of relationship between the two, you could use some of the JQL functions added by the 'Scriptrunner' plugin to do this.

Suggest an answer