Find a deleted ticket

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Getting help with JIRA Service Desk

Hello, i had a ticket in the que "waiting on me" and clicked on the "x" instead of on the ticket.

Where can i find it now? There's any way to recover it?

Thanks,

M.A.

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph Pitt Community Champion Feb 24, 2017

Deleted issues are gone. The best practice is to not allow anyone delete permission. I suggest closing with a resolution of Deleted. The forum is full of people needing to get issues back they accidentally deleted. If nothing else, since JIRA will not reuse the number, someone will ask what happened to the missing issue. I normally use a special transition called Delete that can only be done by the project lead that requires a reason for deleting it and sets the resolution in the post function.  

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Feb 24, 2017

Maria,

If i am reading your issue/question correctly I believe that you did not delete any issue but rather you delete the queue. You said that you clicked on the "x". If that "x" is the "x" that appears to the right of the queue when it is selected and you clicked it and answered yes to delete then all you did was delete the queue which is simply a filter. If this is the case then you simply need to recreate the queue by clicking the "+ add queue". Of course you need to know what the queue represented in order to recreate but should be easy enough.

Please let me know if this is not what happened and maybe I can help further. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,550 views 15 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you