Filters using text fields and currentuser

Cora Mayo September 28, 2017

I've have been using the three filters listed below for almost a year now and they have been working great. We use this specifically for current users to see their @Mentions. However, recently I found that the filters were not longer returning results. While trying to figure out the reason why the filters are no longer working, I tested the filters using text fields with specific users vs. the currentuser. The specific users work and the currentuser is not. Seems that the combination of using a text field (summary, comment, description) and currentuser is not working. Can someone please shine light on this for me?

• summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser() AND status != DONE
  • (summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser()) AND updatedDate >= -7d AND status != DONE
  • (summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser()) AND updatedDate >= -7d AND status = DONE

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Seider September 28, 2017

I have the same issue. This was working just fine until yesterday.  Jira support logged it as a bug JRACLOUD-67631

Also noted that ~ is marked as an unsupported operator for function currentUser() see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/advanced-searching-functions-reference-861257222.html

Cora Mayo September 28, 2017

Thank you for the information Peter. Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer