Filters using text fields and currentuser

Cora Mayo I'm New Here Sep 28, 2017

I've have been using the three filters listed below for almost a year now and they have been working great. We use this specifically for current users to see their @Mentions. However, recently I found that the filters were not longer returning results. While trying to figure out the reason why the filters are no longer working, I tested the filters using text fields with specific users vs. the currentuser. The specific users work and the currentuser is not. Seems that the combination of using a text field (summary, comment, description) and currentuser is not working. Can someone please shine light on this for me?

• summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser() AND status != DONE
  • (summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser()) AND updatedDate >= -7d AND status != DONE
  • (summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser()) AND updatedDate >= -7d AND status = DONE

1 answer

0 votes

I have the same issue. This was working just fine until yesterday.  Jira support logged it as a bug JRACLOUD-67631

Also noted that ~ is marked as an unsupported operator for function currentUser() see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/advanced-searching-functions-reference-861257222.html

Cora Mayo I'm New Here Sep 28, 2017

Thank you for the information Peter. Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,950 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot