Filters on my kanban board are not working correctly

Natasha Verma December 14, 2017

I have created 4 filters for my board so that I can filter components and underlying activities based on my business function.

Data is shown correctly when I use the first filter, but for subsequent filters, data shown includes a sub-set of data for the first filter as well.

The same problem happens when I select third and fourth filter as well.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

That sounds correct to me.  It sounds like each quick filter is being "anded" with each.  Is that's what is happening?

Natasha Verma December 14, 2017

Yes, conditional "AND". that is not all data-sets show for the second filter but a few do show up.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

Ok, I'm completely lost on what the problem is now.  Could you give us a worked example?  e.g. from a board with something like "project = X", two quick filters, what happens when you select one, then the other, and then what you really expect it to do differently?

Natasha Verma December 18, 2017

Sure, here goes:

I have 2 filters:

• Filter A should show me x, y
  • Filter B should show me a, b

Steps followed to show content:

1. Click on Filter A. It displays content x, y

2. Un-select Filter A and click on Filter B. It displays content a, b and also displays content x for Filter A.

Expected result:

Content should be displayed only for the filter selected.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2017

That doesn't really help, it just suggests the filters are not doing what you think.

Could you give us the board filter and the two quick filters as I asked before?

Natasha Verma December 19, 2017

I thought thats what I have given.

My issue is: Filters are showing me the content they should, but they are not "acting" exclusive of each other.

i.e. Filter B, apart from filtering and showing content related to it, also shows content filtered for Filter A.

I am not able to attach a screenshot here, maybe that would have made it simpler for you to understand.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2017

Please, could you just give us the three filters I've asked for.

We simply cannot answer the question (or confirm that it's a bug) without those details.  We don't need screenshots, we just need the three JQL statements you are using.

Natasha Verma December 20, 2017

this is JQL:

component in ('IP Phone Policy', 'IP Phone Ordering', 'Endpoints', 'MyCollab Enhancements')

Suggest an answer