Filters might break

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

Hi

We want to update the priority names in our JIRA instance , but we are worried that any filters saved with old priority names might break. Moreover, if the filters are not shared with everyone, then it makes my job even difficult to assess the impact of my change.

What are my options to avoid this.

What about Updating the database table searchrequest with the new priority names. Is it recommended? Will my support be void if i make this change?

Any other option i have?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

We tend to avoid direct database manipulation, but it seems to be one of the cases that update the database is the only option. I find it hard to believe that support will be denied to you for doing this, I think that the only recommendation is to be careful, create a database backup and test the modifications in a test environment before executing the operation in production.

Cheers

Suggest an answer