Filtering overtime

Rumceisz July 22, 2012

Hi All,

i would like create a filter, but I need support. The filter result should be all issues there are overtime, like 'timespent > originalestimate'. Could you help me?

We have Jira 4.3.4

Thank you,

Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Taylor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

Sure you can do it :-)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-WorkRatio

Search for 'workRatio > 100' to find all issues which have had more time logged against them than their original estimates.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

Good one Alex. Time estimates are ofcourse an exception. I missed the workRatio.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2012

It is not possible using JQL. Look for time tracking reports in marketplace and you might find something useful.

Rumceisz July 22, 2012

Hi,

maybe with a custom field?

It would be a behaviour field and then in the filter you can search for the value of the custom field...I guess

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2012

Ofcourse, you can do that. As long as you capture this information in a custom field, you can search based on this. A scripted field might do the trick.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2012

I am not a scripting expert either! There are lot of experts in this forum though. I'm sure someone will dive in!

Rumceisz July 22, 2012

Can you maybe help?

I don't know how to start...

Thank you!

Rumi

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2012

Look here, it's free: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/KCF/SIL+Script+Custom+Field

Your script should be something like:

return timeSpent - originalEstimate;

Have fun,

R

Rumceisz July 23, 2012

Hi Radu,

thank you very much!!

Rumceisz July 23, 2012

Hi Radu,

it's cool!!

Only I need to ask how can be set that we could use it in the advanced search? Because it doesn't reutrn value in Issue Navigator.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2012

Unfortunately it's a text field taht should be indexed via the free text searcher so you can find what you need.

cf !~ "1d" (for instance).

Suggest an answer