Filtering overtime

Hi All,

i would like create a filter, but I need support. The filter result should be all issues there are overtime, like 'timespent > originalestimate'. Could you help me?

We have Jira 4.3.4

Thank you,

Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Sure you can do it :-)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-WorkRatio

Search for 'workRatio > 100' to find all issues which have had more time logged against them than their original estimates.

Good one Alex. Time estimates are ofcourse an exception. I missed the workRatio.

0 votes

It is not possible using JQL. Look for time tracking reports in marketplace and you might find something useful.

Hi,

maybe with a custom field?

It would be a behaviour field and then in the filter you can search for the value of the custom field...I guess

Ofcourse, you can do that. As long as you capture this information in a custom field, you can search based on this. A scripted field might do the trick.

I am not a scripting expert either! There are lot of experts in this forum though. I'm sure someone will dive in!

Can you maybe help?

I don't know how to start...

Thank you!

Rumi

Look here, it's free: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/KCF/SIL+Script+Custom+Field

Your script should be something like:

return timeSpent - originalEstimate;

Have fun,

R

Hi Radu,

thank you very much!!

Hi Radu,

it's cool!!

Only I need to ask how can be set that we could use it in the advanced search? Because it doesn't reutrn value in Issue Navigator.

Unfortunately it's a text field taht should be indexed via the free text searcher so you can find what you need.

cf !~ "1d" (for instance).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,895 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you