Filtering out All Links (Child of & Parent of)

Steven Do September 12, 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to create a JQL filter that will remove all the tasks that are linked (child of, parent of, etc.). I've tried using the following:

issueFunction not in hasLinks("child of") AND issueFunction not in hasLinks("parent of")

But it still returns tasks, sub-tasks and issue with links (parent of or child of). 

Goal: to be able to have a folder in structures that will return all tasks and issues that need to be linked. 

Thanks!

Best,

Steven

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hi @Steven Do 

If you want to find all issue without subtask you can try :

issueFunction not in hasSubtasks()

If you need to find all issue without link (like, block, duplicate clone, etc..) you can try

issueFunction not in hasLinks()

Hope this helps

Steven Do September 13, 2019

Hi @Mohamed Benziane

I did try what you had suggested already and it'll still provide tasks that have parent or child links. 

Best,

Steven Do

Steven Do September 16, 2019

This mostly works but I still get some tasks that show up that has links. Still investigating but this is the closes to a solution.

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hello @Steven Do 

You must have Jira 8 or higher for this JQL

issueLinkType not in (causes, "relates to", duplicates, blocks, "is blocked by", clones, "is cloned by", contains, "is contained in", "is depended on by", "depends on", "is duplicated by", "FF-depends on", "is FF-depended by", "Linked one can't finish until this issue is done.", "can't finish until the linked issue is done.", "FS-depends on", "Linked one can't start until this issue is done.", "can't start until the linked issue is done.", "has to be finished together with", "has to be done before", "has to be done after", "earliest end is start of", "start is earliest end of", "has to be started together with", "is caused by", "SF-depends on", "is SF-depended by", "Linked one can't finish until this issue begins.", "can't finish until the linked issue begins.", "SS-depends on", "is SS-depended by", "Linked one can't start until this issue starts.", "can't start until the linked issue starts.", "is parent task of", "is subtask of")

OR

To achieve this with script runner function you need to combine this with hasLinkType and hasLinks

BR, Olga

@Olga Videc 

Unfortunately, I'm on 7.13.2.

Can you provide more information on the hasLinkType or hasslinks function?

Thanks!

Best,

Steven Do

0 votes
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

Hello,

are you trying to filter out issues without subtasks, or is "parent of"/"child of" - issue link type?

@Ilya Turov ,

I'm trying to filter out all issues/tasks that have links associated with them. The goal is to be able to see what tasks/issues need to be associated. 

Suggest an answer