It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Filtering out All Links (Child of & Parent of)

Hi,

I'm trying to create a JQL filter that will remove all the tasks that are linked (child of, parent of, etc.). I've tried using the following:

issueFunction not in hasLinks("child of") AND issueFunction not in hasLinks("parent of")

But it still returns tasks, sub-tasks and issue with links (parent of or child of). 

Goal: to be able to have a folder in structures that will return all tasks and issues that need to be linked. 

Thanks!

Best,

Steven

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Steven Do 

If you want to find all issue without subtask you can try :

issueFunction not in hasSubtasks()

If you need to find all issue without link (like, block, duplicate clone, etc..) you can try

issueFunction not in hasLinks()

Hope this helps

Hi @Mohamed Benziane

I did try what you had suggested already and it'll still provide tasks that have parent or child links. 

Best,

Steven Do

This mostly works but I still get some tasks that show up that has links. Still investigating but this is the closes to a solution.

Hello,

are you trying to filter out issues without subtasks, or is "parent of"/"child of" - issue link type?

@Ilya Turov ,

I'm trying to filter out all issues/tasks that have links associated with them. The goal is to be able to see what tasks/issues need to be associated. 

0 votes
Olga Videc Community Leader Sep 13, 2019

Hello @Steven Do 

You must have Jira 8 or higher for this JQL

issueLinkType not in (causes, "relates to", duplicates, blocks, "is blocked by", clones, "is cloned by", contains, "is contained in", "is depended on by", "depends on", "is duplicated by", "FF-depends on", "is FF-depended by", "Linked one can't finish until this issue is done.", "can't finish until the linked issue is done.", "FS-depends on", "Linked one can't start until this issue is done.", "can't start until the linked issue is done.", "has to be finished together with", "has to be done before", "has to be done after", "earliest end is start of", "start is earliest end of", "has to be started together with", "is caused by", "SF-depends on", "is SF-depended by", "Linked one can't finish until this issue begins.", "can't finish until the linked issue begins.", "SS-depends on", "is SS-depended by", "Linked one can't start until this issue starts.", "can't start until the linked issue starts.", "is parent task of", "is subtask of")

OR

To achieve this with script runner function you need to combine this with hasLinkType and hasLinks

BR, Olga

@Olga Videc 

Unfortunately, I'm on 7.13.2.

Can you provide more information on the hasLinkType or hasslinks function?

Thanks!

Best,

Steven Do

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you