• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Filtering Versions That Display On A Project Board With Two Linked Projects

We recently started using epics that can be shared across multiple project boards which has so far worked great.  While I can set up the board and filter query to allow for epics from one board to be visable stories linked to it from another board, we would like to only have the Versions listed to be filtered so users aren't seeing version tags from other boards.

Anyone have any insights on the JQL I could use to filter out Versions from another board as we would like to only have the versions listed from the given board to be filtered so users aren't seeing versions from both shared boards?

Below is a screenshot of what we are currently seeing as we'd like to filter out the versions from the "DAA" board as associated to the Versions listed below so that only the ones from the ""DDS" board are displayed.  Not sure if there is a way to set up the query so that it only pulls Versions (which looks to be fixVersion) from a specific board into the view.

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 3.08.39 PM.png 

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Matt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that you have changed your board filter to display issues from other projects and it caused multiple versions from those projects to start displaying under the Version panel in your board. Is it correct?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to hide/filter the versions in the Version panel. It will always display all the versions configured in the projects returned by the board filter, independently if they are added to it or not.

That being said, we have a feature request opened to implement this functionality in JIRA:

Ability to Hide Version on Multiple Projects Rapid Board

Please, vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Do we have a solution for that? This should be a short task ; wondering why this isn't implemented by default. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you