Filtering Versions That Display On A Project Board With Two Linked Projects

Matt Dalzell August 26, 2019

We recently started using epics that can be shared across multiple project boards which has so far worked great.  While I can set up the board and filter query to allow for epics from one board to be visable stories linked to it from another board, we would like to only have the Versions listed to be filtered so users aren't seeing version tags from other boards.

Anyone have any insights on the JQL I could use to filter out Versions from another board as we would like to only have the versions listed from the given board to be filtered so users aren't seeing versions from both shared boards?

Below is a screenshot of what we are currently seeing as we'd like to filter out the versions from the "DAA" board as associated to the Versions listed below so that only the ones from the ""DDS" board are displayed.  Not sure if there is a way to set up the query so that it only pulls Versions (which looks to be fixVersion) from a specific board into the view.

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 3.08.39 PM.png 

2 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2019

Hello Matt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that you have changed your board filter to display issues from other projects and it caused multiple versions from those projects to start displaying under the Version panel in your board. Is it correct?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to hide/filter the versions in the Version panel. It will always display all the versions configured in the projects returned by the board filter, independently if they are added to it or not.

That being said, we have a feature request opened to implement this functionality in JIRA:

Ability to Hide Version on Multiple Projects Rapid Board

Please, vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alexander Karch March 3, 2021

Do we have a solution for that? This should be a short task ; wondering why this isn't implemented by default. Thanks.

Like Kalos Bonasia likes this
Jeanette Wollenhaupt September 22, 2021

I need this functionality!

0 votes
Alexander Karch July 12, 2022

Any comments from ATLASSIAN TEAM?

Suggest an answer