Filtering Epics (and child tasks) in eazyBI

Ese Djetore November 15, 2017

Hello,

I was successfully able to find a way to report on Epics in eazyBI (right down to subtasks), thanks to this link https://eazybi.com/accounts/1632/cubes/Issues/reports/64013-hours-spent-per-epics.

Now I'm stuck on trying to filter the Epics i.e. search and bookmark the specific Epics that I would like to see, as opposed to viewing all the Epics under a project. Whenever I try using the Issue dimension to search and bookmark, I am able to find the Epic but it doesn't show the time spent by the issues under the Epic (assuming I'm trying to get an hours-spent report). I also tried using Epic links but that doesn't capture the time spent on the Epic itself.

The solution I found at the link mentioned above pretty much solves my problem for reporting on Epics, I just would like to know if there's a better way (using search and bookmark OR calculated members) to filter Epics and see all of the hours spent on that Epic tree;

Epic --> Story --> Task --> Subtask.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2017

Hi Ese,

When you would use "Search and bookmark" you can notice that each issue is found more than once in the results popup message.

That is because each issue (regardless of type) can belong to multiple hierarchies within "Issue" dimension.

See the following attachment:

Epic hierarchy for calculations.png

smt-25 3rd option.png

In your case, you would need to select the result for the hierarchy that you would want to use in the calculation (very likely the 3rd option not the first in the results popup).

It would be the member of Issue.Epic hierarchy (from Issue dimension) and then it will aggregate the selected measure value also from Epic's children.

Kind regards,

Martins / eazyBI support team

Ese Djetore November 28, 2017

That worked, thank you Martins.

Suggest an answer