Filter to unreleaseVersions()?

Abe February 6, 2014

Howdy y'all .. I was just wondering if anyone knows that it's possible to write a query which does the following (in my made up pseudo query language):

show tickets that have a fixVersion matching ABCD-* where any ABCD-* fixVersion has NOT been released

I basically want to filter on unreleasedVersions but matching a prefix.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2014

Yes and no. The clause "unreleasedVersions()" will do the "has not been released", so you could say

fixVersion ~ "ABCD-*" and unreleasedVersions()

Problem is the versions don't support wildcards, so the ~"" won't work.

Abe February 7, 2014

Yeah, even if ~ worked with wildcards, this still wouldn't achieve what I'm trying to accomplish. If a ticket had two versions, ABCD-1.0 and QWER-2.0 where ABCD-1.0 was released, your proposed query would still show the ticket.

It's almost as if we needed to go in the other direction ...

unreleasedVersions() ~ "ABCD-*"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2014

Mmm, no, I think it matches your question, because it'll return issues which have an unreleased ABCD~ version. But I see what you're getting at. Shame we can't do it - a wildcard search to fetch versions would be useful

Suggest an answer