Filter to unreleaseVersions()?

Howdy y'all .. I was just wondering if anyone knows that it's possible to write a query which does the following (in my made up pseudo query language):

show tickets that have a fixVersion matching ABCD-* where any ABCD-* fixVersion has NOT been released

I basically want to filter on unreleasedVersions but matching a prefix.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes and no. The clause "unreleasedVersions()" will do the "has not been released", so you could say

fixVersion ~ "ABCD-*" and unreleasedVersions()

Problem is the versions don't support wildcards, so the ~"" won't work.

Yeah, even if ~ worked with wildcards, this still wouldn't achieve what I'm trying to accomplish. If a ticket had two versions, ABCD-1.0 and QWER-2.0 where ABCD-1.0 was released, your proposed query would still show the ticket.

It's almost as if we needed to go in the other direction ...

unreleasedVersions() ~ "ABCD-*"

Mmm, no, I think it matches your question, because it'll return issues which have an unreleased ABCD~ version. But I see what you're getting at. Shame we can't do it - a wildcard search to fetch versions would be useful

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

176 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you