Filter to show blocked items across projects?

I'm new to JQL. I'd like a filter that shows issues across all projects which are linked to a blocking issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Strangely, I found a function to do it, but it doesn't work in my OnDemand version. The auto complete doesn't even suggest the hasLinks() function.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JQLT/Issue+Link+Functions

hasLinks([linkType])

Function To find all issues that has links and optionally for a link type

Since : v1.0

Usage:

• issue in hasLinks - Returns all the issues with atleast one link (inward or outward)
  • issue in hasLinks("is duplicated by") - Returns all the issues with atleast one issue duplicated by them.

After running

issue in hasLinks()

I get: Unable to find JQL function 'hasLinks()'.

Why is this not working for me, yet in the help guide?

yup, that is a third party plugin and is not available in onDemand.

Ah, that's because I'm looking at the help guide of the plugin this function is available on, which is not available for the OnDemand version. :( :( ;(

0 votes

Use the linkedIssues function in Advanced Searching.

I see. You can't do that in JIRA. Unfortunately, you can't have other plugins on onDemand too.

That seems to help me search for issues that are linked to specific issue(s). I'm looking for a search that says "show me all issues which are blocked by another". Not "show me all issues that block x, y, and z issues".

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

439 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you