Filter to show blocked items across projects?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

I'm new to JQL. I'd like a filter that shows issues across all projects which are linked to a blocking issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Strangely, I found a function to do it, but it doesn't work in my OnDemand version. The auto complete doesn't even suggest the hasLinks() function.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JQLT/Issue+Link+Functions

hasLinks([linkType])

Function To find all issues that has links and optionally for a link type

Since : v1.0

Usage:

• issue in hasLinks - Returns all the issues with atleast one link (inward or outward)
  • issue in hasLinks("is duplicated by") - Returns all the issues with atleast one issue duplicated by them.
Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

After running

issue in hasLinks()

I get: Unable to find JQL function 'hasLinks()'.

Why is this not working for me, yet in the help guide?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

yup, that is a third party plugin and is not available in onDemand.

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

Ah, that's because I'm looking at the help guide of the plugin this function is available on, which is not available for the OnDemand version. :( :( ;(

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

Use the linkedIssues function in Advanced Searching.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

I see. You can't do that in JIRA. Unfortunately, you can't have other plugins on onDemand too.

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

That seems to help me search for issues that are linked to specific issue(s). I'm looking for a search that says "show me all issues which are blocked by another". Not "show me all issues that block x, y, and z issues".

Suggest an answer