Filter to list all Kanban Boards i am assigned to

Ludwig Mair August 17, 2015

Hi,

i need a Filter to list all Kanban Boards i am assigned to.

I could not find anything how to filter board names or so

i really appreciate some help to acomplish this

best regards Ludwig

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2015

Filters find issues, not boards.  People are not assigned to boards beyond "can see it" or "can't see it", and you can see a list of "your" boards by clicking "agile -> manage boards"

Hi Nic,

thanks for the brief response:)

thats true.

but one of our POs needs a list of all Kanbanboards she is assignt to in a Dashboard.

How can i do this, to create a filter result for finding the Boardnames? Or is there a way to filter the related board names   issues are assigned to?

cheers Ludwig

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2015

Please re-read the brief answer, it answers your new questions.

Hi Nic,

thanks for following me.

perhaps there is a missunderstanding. i am aware that i can look up all boards in manage agile.

what i need is on dashboards/ a list with all the boards where a Product Owner is assigned to the related issues.

there is a gadget "filter results" with this gadget i can select custom filters.

the filter should deliver as a result, perhaps as a workaround, all issues and there related boardnames.

i hope this is a better explanation

cheers Ludwig

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2015

Yes, I think you're missing the point - filters find issues, not boards, you can't filter for boards. The main reason you can't achieve what you're trying is that the logical link you've described is two steps and not exposed. The closest I can get you is to suggest writing a plugin that could list some issues and expose the links to the boards they are on. You could even do it as a scripted field, but either way, it would get horribly messy because an issue could be on many boards, and you'd need to check which ones the user can currently see.

0 votes

You can find all you tickets within kanban boards (maybe...)

Participants = currentUser() and originalestimate is null
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2015

Yes, there are a lot of ways to go find *issues*, but they won't tell you about boards. (Also note "participants" is provided by an addon, so you may not have it)

Suggest an answer