Filter to hide information from backlog

Naiana September 4, 2019

Hi there,

Need some help with a filter.

I want to hide from the backlog a specific status and specific epic which they're not correlated. Totally different things. 

I tried this filter:

project = project_name AND status != "will not implement" AND "Epic Link" != epic_name ORDER BY Rank ASC

But it's not working. It hides the status but not the epic, I still can see the epic's issues in the backlog.

I also tried this filter:

project = project_name AND status != "will not implement" AND "Epic Link" != epic_name1 AND "Epic Link" != epic_name2 AND "Epic Link" != epic_name3 AND "Epic Link" != epic_name4 AND "Epic Link" != epic_name5 AND "Epic Link" != epic_name6 ORDER BY Rank ASC

It did not work as well. I don't know why, but all the subtasks disappeared from our board with this filter. It worked in the backlog hiding what I wanted, but I had other problems.

(please see that I'm using project_name and epic_name for privacy)

Did anymore have this problem before?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

NB,

The first filter you posted looks correct. It should hide all tickets that have are a part of the project, are not in the status "will not implement" and do not contain the epic link in question.

Can you share an example of the ticket it is returning which you don't expect?

Thanks,

Kian

Naiana September 5, 2019

Hi Kian,

Thanks for your reply.

For the first filter, I just tried and the status and epic items are hidden, but then the sub-tasks in the board are missing.

Best,

Naiana

Naiana September 10, 2019

Hi @Kian Stack Mumo Systems 

I still need help with it please.

Tks!

Suggest an answer