Filter subscription emails are sending incorrect issues with incorrect statuses

Howard Choularton April 28, 2021

On our system, we have a filter set up to have issues from a specific project, which are of a certain status and are either assigned to them or they are contained in a group custom field value on the issue.

I then have this subscribed for all users. The idea being, that once a week they all receive an email with issues that require their attention.

However, I am finding that the emails sent out by this subscription aren't correct.

The issues in the email seem to have the wrong status, and are being sent in the email when they shouldn't be.

For example, one user should receive an email containing 36 issues (The JQL query and saved filter work correctly inside Jira):

Screenshot 2021-04-28 123334.png

However, they instead receive an email containing 81 issues:Screenshot 2021-04-28 123438.png

The issues also seem to have the incorrect status reported in the email:

Untitled.png

So far, I have tried the following:

• Full re-index of the database
  • Deleted the filter and created a new one

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

@Howard Choularton 

Looking at the JQL the emails to each user will differ.  I have never heard of the filter results being different than what is in the email.  If you run it for yourself is your email and filter results matching?  

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

One other question do you have a test or dev instance that is synced off of the production instance. I have seen emails come from these instances and confuse users because the information is outdated and wrong.

Like Krzysztof likes this
Howard Choularton May 6, 2021

Ah - good idea. Yes we have a dev instance, maybe this is interfering. I will disable it and see if we find an improvement.

Thanks

Norbert Grzebieniarz July 12, 2021

@Howard Choularton my users have same problem. Filter in jira returns 8 issues, and subscription returns 68 issues via e-mail.

I have only prod instance, so there is no way to receive outdated e-mails.

I'm running old Jira Software 7.3.6

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2021

@Norbert Grzebieniarz is it 8 for everyone in the search and 68 for everyone who is subscribed?

Norbert Grzebieniarz July 15, 2021

I think i have found the issue. It looks like that the subscription was also sent from my dev instance. But still waiting for the users response.

1 vote
Frithjof April 29, 2022

We are getting a somewhat similar error, a user is subscribed to a filter:
2022-04-29_11h03_35.png

However he is still receiving mails about an issue which is not in that filter for almost a year, (status = Done since May 2021).
In the Email the status of the Email is still displayed as "Open".

Many many reindexes have been happening already in the meantime, but the issue still seems to be occuring.

@Howard Choularton how did you get your issue resolved?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Do you have a test instance?  We had a user that was getting emails from the test instance but thought it was production.

Frithjof May 2, 2022

Yes we do, but the mails come from Prod instance for sure.

We introduced different mail subject prefixes, so we wouldn't mischange :)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

Is that issue also resolved in the test instance?

Frithjof May 4, 2022

Dont really understand how it is related, as the Email is clearly coming from the prod instance, but yes, also there on the test instance it is resolved.

Frithjof May 5, 2022

One more screenshot to illustrate the problem more:
screenshot.png

Like laurinkeithdavis likes this
laurinkeithdavis September 15, 2022

We seem to be having the same issue. Did yours ever get resolved?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

Hey @Howard Choularton and @Norbert Grzebieniarz 

Did you ever get this resolved?

Howard Choularton January 27, 2022

I think so, yes.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

Great!

ghassen turki April 24, 2023

Hello,

Can you explain to us how did you fix this error

Thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Hi @ghassen turki  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It is always best to create a new question so that more people will see the question and can respond. Also, answers can be tailored to your specific need. 

ghassen turki April 25, 2023

Hello Jhon,

Thank you

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer