Filter results gadget not sorting results on dashboard

Vineela Durbha June 7, 2017

Hi We have created a filter result gadget and are trying to sort results in the columns. But we are not able to sort the results either by ASC or DESC.
Is this the gadget bug? or any workaround suggested

2 answers

0 votes
Vineela Durbha June 11, 2017

Hi Rachel,
Thanks for your reply.

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2017

Hi Vineela,

You should be able to order in the JQL query itself and/or by clicking the column headers in the dashboard gadget (results view, not edit view.)

Also, I know there are some columns you can't sort on.  The "Links" column is an example.

I think we need more information.  If the above doesn't solve it, can you provide a screenshot of your results and the JQL of your filter?

Standing by for more info,

Rachel Wright

Vineela Durbha June 11, 2017

Hi Rachel,
Thanks for your reply.

JQL query doesnt have any order by statement to sort the results.Below is the query:
project = XXXX AND issuetype = Task AND text ~ "Target Program Milestones" AND assignee in (dlevine)

Also when I tried to use order by constraint I dont see any difference in the results being displayed. Even clicking on column header doesnt help.

Please check below screenshot which doesnt sort results in columns in any order even by clicking on column header.

Awaiting for help!!

filter result gadget.png

Suggest an answer