Filter resolutions list by a short script

Hello guys

In my workflow i have 3 steps. Step1, step2 and step3. My resolutions are res1, res2, res3 and res4.

When an issue is in status step1 i want to display in resolutions list res1 and res2. When the issue is in step2 i want to display res2 and res3 and when the issue is in step3 i want to display all resolutions.

I did a google search and i found "jira.field.resolution.exclude". At a first view it seems that it could solve my problem. Unfortunately i don`t know where should i put this little code.

Can you please point me ?

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

It is on the workflow step's properties. The same technique is used here and the steps are same: http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

Thanks. I always asked myself what this pair Property Key /Property Value is good for.

I used jira.field.resolution.exclude = 1 and jira.field.resolutions.exclude.1. It seems that i missing something.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,671 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you