Filter problem in JIRA

Rumceisz April 24, 2014

Hi,

I defined a similar filter to look for issues:

project = "XXX" AND issuekey IN linkedIssuesFromQuery("project='XXX' AND issuetype='Software change' AND status in ('Code review', Resolved, Closed)" )

Even though there definitely exists some issues that match the filter but JIRA returns "No issues were found to match your search". However, on some days JIRA returns the expected result. Currently it doesn't. I have no idea why.

Could you please suggest?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2014

I'd start by suspecting your index. Are you doing any forground or background indexing regularly?

Can you establish any patterns as to when it works and when it fails? Is it possible to pick an issue that matches and check the history to make sure it always matched the filter?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

Are you sure you've got issues currently in the listed statuses ?

Try if the project='XXX' AND issuetype='Software change' AND status in ('Code review', Resolved, Closed) query returns anything

Suggest an answer