Filter out removed reporters

Marc Druzin March 27, 2014

Hey guys, non-administrator here. I have a filter that I use that contains the section, "AND reporter not in (wholebunchofnames)".

I realize it would be easier to be able to group users, but that's not really in my power, so I've been listing the users out one by one in the field above.

The problem lies in the fact that when one of the users gets removed, their reported tickets show up again on my filter. Is there a way to add a DELETED_USERS clause, or something? I searched around but didn't find anything like this, so any help is appreciated! Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2014

As far as I know, if you delete a user there isn't a record that they are deleted. In fact, deleting users is a bad idea. they should be made inactive which basically removes them from all groups that can logon and roles. If you delete a user any reference to them will cause a error when displaying history data as it stores a pointer to the user, not their name as displayed.

Marc Druzin March 27, 2014

I should clarify, I have no idea if the users are "inactive" or "deleted". I know that their icon is replaced with a person with a question mark for a face, and their names are now without formatting, for example, "Joe Pitt" would turn into, "joepitt".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2014

If their user name disappears, they've been deleted.

As Joe says, deletion is a bad idea though, as it does things like breaking your filters. There's no way around this - your filters are trying to look for things that your administrators have deliberately expunged. So you'll need to get your administrators to stop deleting users and deactivate them instad.

Marc Druzin April 13, 2014

It was verified that they are deleted users unfortunately.

Suggest an answer