Filter out inactive users in jira user management

Mark Stewart September 8, 2015

We currently have a licence for 100 users.  Stepping up to 500 and basically doubling our costs is not an acceptable option

The screens to managing users is rudimentary at best unless there's a better way I don't know.

1) Is there an easy way to see how many licences are used without having to go to the "create User" screen to see available licences?

2) I can't see any way to export the list of users for audit purposes across teams

3) I can't find a way to filter out users what have never logged in, or have not activated (to manage users taking up licences that are not being used) 

4) I'd expect to be able to set the size of the list on screen (ie show 100 users rather than forcing pagnation).

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2015

Hey there...

1.) There are other ways, I'm not sure if they are easy for you but you can:

• Accounts that eat up in your JIRA Licenses are only those that belong to the 'jira-users' group or whatever is your default group (see this doc for more information). So just count the users that belong to this group.
  • You can use the JIRA API and get all the list of users in your JIRA Instance or per project (you can use JIRACLI for this one).
  • You can also see some database statistics in the UI (including Projects and Users count) in the Administration Screen> System > System Info.

2.) See option #2 above.

3.) There should be a last login date in the User Management screen. If you have access to the database, you can get this by following the instructions here

4.) You can update this in your profile by updating the Max number of items to show in a paginated page.

Suggest an answer