Filter out Versions in Easy Agile Story Map

Marc Belcourt June 4, 2020

Have multiple boards in a project which leads to all versions showing up on the Story Map when selecting "Version Swimlanes" in an individual board.

Is there any way to only show the version swimlanes associated with the board (not the whole project) being viewed?

2 answers

0 votes
Dawid Król September 1, 2021

Is there a progress on filtering the versions? Or maybe adding jql filtering?

Teagan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2021

Hi Dawid, 

My name is Teagan and I am Head of Product at Easy Agile. We have not yet committed to this work, so unfortunately I can't give you a progress update. 

We will however be looking at a bigger piece of work early next year which is to allow users to customise their view of the Story Map, and the ability to show/hide swimlanes seems like it would be an appropriate fit. 

Perhaps I could reach out to you for further discussions once we start planning out that work? 

Thanks Dawid, 
Teagan Harbridge 
Head of Product - Easy Agile 

Dawid Król September 2, 2021

Yes, no problem, feel free to reach me. 

jonathan_huysseune September 2, 2021

Dear @Teagan 

It looks like you're making that offer only to @Dawid Król . How do you think that makes me feel?

Next to that, being confronted with this usability issue over a year ago and now telling us that there might be a chance of improvement somewhere next year is below my expectations.

This is not a 'green or yellow' preference discussion. The large enterprises I coach often have multiple storylines in one Jira project and thus multiple story maps. Not being able to hide versions that have nothing to do with the storyline at hand drives my coachees crazy.

When there are three story maps, having five versions each, all three have ten (!) useless versions taking up screen space. This scales to a point the plugin is no longer usable!

Teagan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2021

Hi @jonathan_huysseune

My apologies for not extending the invitation to you also. I would be more than happy to share progress with you when we look to address this work. I will reach out via this community post so it is transparent to all who are following this thread. 

I appreciate you sharing that additional context with me and I can understand how this usability issue would be exacerbated at scale. I understand that this work will have a large impact on you and your team's ability to use the Story Map.

With regards to timing, this is not a request that we have widely received from our customer base. I understand that this is frustrating for you and your teams and not the answer you wanted. 

This is something that is on our radar, and we'll explore when we look to improve the customisation of views early next year. 

Thanks Jonathan, 
Teagan Harbridge 
Head of Product - Easy Agile  

0 votes
Chris Short June 9, 2020

Thanks for the query Marc.

Fix Versions in Jira are scoped to a Project. When loading the User Story Map we pull in all fix versions for all projects included in the filter query.

While there is no functionality today which enables you to map Fix Versions to boards, we do have a story on our backlog that would allow you to select the specific versions you want to see on the story map. I have made a note on that story to follow up here and let you know when we begin investigating that.

Thanks,

Chris Short, Easy Agile

jonathan_huysseune November 24, 2020

Please do so!

When you story map with technical people and business people, the need becomes different. I agree that, from a technical point of view, sprints and releases make sense. And this should even interest business. But when business want's to do high level exercises they want to see swimlanes based on market segments for example.

One could still understand that these market segments are translated into versions. This is how you could release your stuff. However, just the fact that ALL versions are shown makes this totally unusable. It is a distraction from the work at hand and makes both business and IT dislike the plugin and revert to competing systems.

Like # people like this
leyna_rottboll June 2, 2021

Yes please do this!

Suggest an answer