Filter on issues during certain timeframes

Todd Todd September 17, 2012

Hi, I've been looking through the forum but have yet to find a question similar to this one.

I would like to build a filter that does the following:

1. Show me all tickets created in a certain time window (say between the hours of 4pm and 8pm) for a given project.

2. Show me this data on a daily basis so I have an idea of how many tickets are created for each day of the week.

~~~~~~~~~~

I've tried this:

project = "Blah" AND issuetype = "Blah" AND created >= startOfDay(16h) AND created <= startOfDay(20h)

It works - but on a rolling basis so I lose the historical tracking

~~~~~~~~~~~

I've tried this:

project = "blah" AND issuetype = "blah" AND created > "2012/09/16 16:00" AND created < "2012/09/16 20:00"

It works but only for a given day, which means I have to build filter for every day I want to see

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I am trying to do is build a filter that I can use to tell when during the day, over the course of a day, week or month that issues come in. I would like to see this data so I can tell how I can staff better to address time periods when the issues are most frequent.

Hopefully this makes sense and thanks in advance for the help!

2 answers

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2013

Greetings!

Just curious if you have explored Jira's reporting options? More specifically, it sounds like perhaps the Time Since Issues Report may suffice your needs.

More info if interested:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Time+Since+Issues+Report#TimeSinceIssuesReport-GeneratingaTimeSinceIssuesreport

I hope this information was helpful.

Cheers,

Jason | Atlassian

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013
I guess you do not have much options as this may require you to write a plugin as you need a granularity on an hourly basis and ondemand will not allow you to add new plugins.

Suggest an answer