Filter issues which only have certain fixVersion

voy May 26, 2013

We're using fixVersions which indicate the quarter in which the issue will be fixed and also the specific version. So, the issue can be label for instance Q1/2013, R185 for the first quarter of 2013 and release 185. What I would like to do is create a search for issues that are scheduled for Q1/2013, but don't have a specific version set, yet. If I filter fixVersion = "Q1/2013", I also get issues scheduled to R185 in the search results.

3 answers

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2013

How are your versions ordered? Maybe you could use fixVersion < XXX and fixVersion > YYY

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

I think it is the same case as here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25901

This won't be easy but the only workaround I found is the one explained there, but you have to update the filter everytime a new version is created.

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2013

Hi there,

I think you can achieve by a little help on advance searching:

project = TEST AND fixVersion = EMPTY AND updated &gt;= 2013-01-01 AND updated &lt;= 2013-03-31

Replace the project name, and the updated date presuming your quater is 1st Jan to 31 March.

Cheers :)

Suggest an answer