Filter issues that have been updated after it was closed

Geoff Sebastian February 26, 2013

Hi,

I'm new to JIRA. We have a system in place where all incoming emails are converted into tickets and resolved by the service desk team. Once a ticket is created, any subsequent emails from the sender get appended to the original ticket. My question is that if a sender sends a subsequent email after the ticket is closed, the email gets appended to the ticket but I dont have any visibility of it unless i manually open the ticket and check for updates.

Is there a way to filter based on issue updated after ticket was closed?

Any help will be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2013

Hi there

I guess you can configure a filter subscription according to the specific search criteria that you want and request JIRA to send you the notification in a specific interval timing.

For more information, can you refer to this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

Geoff Sebastian February 26, 2013

Thanks for the response Daryl. The issue here is I dont know what search criteria to use to retrieve only issues that have been updated after the issue has been closed.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Something like this might work?

status = Closed and updated >= startOfDay()

Geoff Sebastian March 2, 2013

Thanks Jobin. Appreciate your help. Works like a charm.

Suggest an answer