Filter issues by "fix version" release date

whootang12 December 19, 2012

Is there a way to create a filter that would show me all issues that are associated with a "fix version" which has a release date between certain days? We have weekly releases, so it'd be great to be able to create a filter that says "items for current weekly release" and other that says "items for next weekly release". Right now I have to update these queries each week and change to the new "fix version" for that week, but there must be a better way to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

Unfortunately I don't think I've seen JQL functionality that allows you to filter issues by "version release date", e.g. "All Issues By Versions That Are released this week". Exploring the documentation here:https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching
I dont see any alternatives.

And my suspicions were right, here's a new feature request in JIRA: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-22640

I guess you really can't do much at this point but rely on your current workaround. ):

3 votes
whootang12 December 20, 2012

Thanks Daniel for the answer. Your link to the new feature request had a comment which led me to using this in an advanced search:

AND fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion()

I arranged my versions in the right order and now I get the next unreleased version automatically in my query. Now to do "next earliest unreleased version" query, probably not gonna have much luck there.

Ryan Anderson August 4, 2017

Hey whootang12,

Did you ever find a solution for querying the "next earliest unreleased version" by any chance?

0 votes
dpapke@amfam.com March 25, 2021

I just found the Jira Road Map gadget, which appears, if you select your desired project, will sort the fixversion by release date 

Suggest an answer