Filter issues by 'is blocked by', 'blocks' and other link types

Alexander Afonyashin September 9, 2012

Hello,

Is there any chance to filter issues in particular project that either block issues in other projects or are blocked by them?

Best regards,

Alexander Afonyashin

4 answers

3 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2012

Hi Alexander,

This unfortunately cannot be done using the native JQL functions. Currently the 'linkedIssues()' function of the JQL only works basing its search on an issue key.

However, there are a couple of plugins that can help in this case, depending on what version of JIRA you are using:

• The Craftforge JQL Functions Plugin is a free third-party plugin that currently only available for JIRA 5.0.7 tops, so if you have a newer version this won't help. However, if you are using a version of JIRA older than that, you can use either the linkedIssuesFromQuery or the linkedIssuesFromFilter functions of the plugin to return this search.
  • If you use JIRA 5.1, than the only option I believe is to use the JQL Tricks Plugin, which is a paid third-party plugin. It has also a variety of function that you can use to search for linked issues, as well as for different functions

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Matheus Fernandes

Alexander Afonyashin October 3, 2012

Matheus,

Thank you for pointing me to plugin. It seems doing the thing I'm looking for.

Best regards, Alexander A. Afonyashin

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2012

I'm glad to hear it! :)

Deleted user November 12, 2013

Is JQL Tricks Plugin the only solution for Jira 6.0.8 or newer? We too would like a way to find all issues with "is blocked by" or "blocks" links to other issues.

abhalla
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

There's a typo in the JQL Tricks Plugin link above. The correct link is JQL Tricks Plugin.

Jeff Johnson March 20, 2019

Hello, sorry for the necromancy but is this still impossible with the new versions of jira? how about cloud hosted jira?

Is there any chance this would make it onto a roadmap?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Deleted user November 12, 2013

I'm new to Jira, is OnDemand the Atlassian hosted Jira vs a licensed version hosted on-site?

Tom Spence December 8, 2013

Yes. OnDemand is the hosted version of JIRA.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

Script Runner has similar JQL functions too, but none of these are available in OnDemand

Deleted user September 8, 2014

Hey, Matt! This one is for OnDemand: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jql-pro

0 votes
Doug Hill September 9, 2013

It appears that the JQL Tricks Plugin cannot be used for On Demand Jira instances. Is there any solution for us that have On Demand Jira?

Thanks!

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
December 10, 2013
Hi Doug, here is an OnDemand solution using JIRA API and viewing linked issues: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/221439/creating-reports-based-on-number-of-issue-links
Deleted user September 8, 2014

Hi, Doug. There is a solution for OnDemand - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jql-pro

Suggest an answer