Filter issue search result by custom field value doesn't show any result in issue navigation page

Taposh Das September 28, 2019

In the 'search for issue' page I can see the value of the custom field but when I click more and search by a certain value of that custom field it doesn't show any result. How do I solve this problem?

2 answers

0 votes

UPDATE: It has nothing to do with resolved or unresolved. I've found another script field 'Value Reliance' that performs certain calculation based on different values of another custom field(non script field).

And in issue navigation when I filter the search by that script field, it shows result for both resolved and unresolved issues.

I don't know why no issues are displayed when I search by my custom field. The script field for which filter shows result, I checked the code and changed the numeric values it returns. When I made the change, then filter didn't work for it. If I revert it back to older calculation then it shows issues when filtered. Can anyone explain why this phenomenon is occuring?

0 votes
Noah September 28, 2019

Can you take a screenshot of your search and share it here? It's easier to troubleshoot the issue.

My speculation is maybe the filter Resolution is selected by default option "Unresolved". If your issues are "Resolved" then it does not show any result.

It's in my work laptop and I'm not able to show screenshot because I'll be breaking company policy by showing the data and projects. Can you tell me how to change resolution?

Suggest an answer