Filter for project tasks into a separate Backlog

Dawn Rodney December 13, 2019

I have a filter query for my backlog that pulls in tasks from different projects. I just created a new project that contains tasks that will be distributed to one scrum team member. When I added the Project name to the filter, it naturally pulls all the tasks into the backlog view included any existing active sprints. How do I modify my query to eliminate seeing tasks assigned to team members outside of the existing board? Do I need to create a component or label in that new project and add that to each task and then add that as part of my query?

(project in (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, "New project") AND issuetype != Initiative ORDER BY Rank

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2019

Hi,

as far as I understand, if you want to see tasks which are not assigned to specific team members, then just add 

(project in (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, "New project") AND issuetype != Initiative AND assignee not in (X, Y, Z) ORDER BY Rank

But if you want further specification, I'd suggest using component or label, in case the tasks are in different projects.

Dawn Rodney December 16, 2019

Thank you! I think I will try the assignee for now, since it's only a few people. I will also test with a new label and see if this is a better solution.

Like Zita Bagi likes this

Suggest an answer