Filter for Subtasks

jmcaroy May 24, 2017

I'm trying to create a new filter for our team to help our workflow and running into an issue with the last part.

Right now we have:
project = EM AND status in ("IN PROGRESS - SONIC") AND component = "New Store Set Up" AND description ~ emprod02

And this is going to help us get to where we need, but we are needing to take it one step further.

We need to be able to add to this query to be able to filter the story and look for sub-tasks, look for a technical task and determine if it is resolved or not. As I don't want to see in my search where a specific task is already resolved. (My part of the story).

I didn't know if it was possible to have it look for Task Number 2 and check to see if that is resolved or not, but I didn't figure that the number had anything to do with it.

Alternatively it could be part of my search where it has "Sub-task is assigned to Me and issue is open"

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2017

You can't do it out of the box. If you have a plugin like JQL Tricks, you can search issues based on subtask values or values on linked issues. That will help you do something like this.

Suggest an answer