Filter for Agile Backlog

eva janson July 13, 2014

I d like to get all tickets, which I see in my agile backlog, via a filter because it s sometimes necessary to sort backlog tickets or to do some mass actions.

The agile backlog counts 207 tickets at the moment.

I tried this filter:

project = XY AND issuetype != Sub-task AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, "Fixed - Approval", "Wird verifiziert", "Wartet auf Review") ORDER BY updated DESC

It s listing 235 tickets. I reduces the possible status but never geht the 207 tickets which match the tickets in the agile view.

Could you please tell me how to set up the suitable filter?

6 answers

5 votes
Tobias Potthoff January 15, 2015

To get a more general solution, you should use the filter which is used for the board because it could be different to the project. And in some strange situation with multiple open sprints and future sprints I found the follwowing for all my projects.

Filter = "<<filter name>>" AND (Sprint is EMPTY OR sprint not in openSprints()) AND (sprint is EMPTY OR sprint not in futureSprints()) AND status not in (done,<<your other statuses for completeness>>) AND type not in (epic, subTaskIssueTypes()) ORDER BY rank

Nate Vasquez February 12, 2016

Thanks! This pretty much worked for me. Minor adjustments but got what I needed.

Martijn Verver June 16, 2017

Thanks!

Jonathan White March 1, 2018

Here you are talking about the filter for the Backlog, but doesn't this same filter (called the Saved filter from the Board settings I believe) also get applied to the Active Sprints too?

Its really not clear in Jira at what level this board filter works.  If the filter is applied in Active Sprints too, I dont see how the above filter could work.

Like # people like this
Darja Odorovska January 17, 2020

Same problem here, trying to find a way to filter things on kanban, sprint boards only, not to impact backlog. Any ideas?

Justin Sharp March 17, 2020

Worked perfectly, thanks so much!

1 vote
Darja Odorovska January 13, 2020

How to set up different (unrelated) filters for backlog (filter 1) and board that is used (filter 2)? Main idea, so filter 1 and filter 2 do not impact each other.

Appreciate your answer.

0 votes
eva janson August 5, 2014

It s answered.

0 votes
eva janson August 5, 2014

done

0 votes
eva janson July 20, 2014

That s it - thank you very much!

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2014

You probably need to add

and Sprint = NULL

to the query

Darja Odorovska January 17, 2020

Does the same apply if I need filtering on board only and dont want  changes in backlog?

Like Tomáš Petržilka likes this

Suggest an answer