Filter containing archived projects (no viewing permissions)

JG Meillaud April 13, 2015

Hi,

I have a set of filters containing an old project's key ('OP').

I've archived the old project. It broke all my filters.

Is there another solution than editing all the filters or keeping the project in read only?

Thanks,

JG

2 answers

0 votes
JG Meillaud April 13, 2015

Hey Shayne,

Yes I'm failing the permissions checks. It tells me that A value with ID '10400' does not exist for the field 'project

Editing all the filters is too time consuming. It's faster to give read-only permission to the users, but not ideal at all...

It's a shame that JQL cannot simply ignore values especially when they are in an 'in ()'...

Let me know if you think of another solution.

Cheers,

JG

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2015

It sounds like the filters are likely broken because you're failing a permissions check when the filter hits the portion containing issues from the 'OP' project - if so, I believe the only way around this would be to change the filters to remove the portions on which you're failing permissions checks (the 'OP' project) or to leave the project in 'Read Only' mode.

If I'm off about why the filters are broken, please give a little more detail as to why they're broken - any error message or behavior would be helpful.

Suggest an answer