Filter columns changing in all filters

How do I save my columns and their order for separate filters? Sometimes I can get them to not change and sometimes when I change the columns in one filter, all of my filters change to those columns. PLEASE HELP!

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

It can be quite easy to slip between your personal navigator settings and the current filter you are editing. I'd say that's what you're doing by accident - you think you're looking at a saved filter and editing that, but you've slipped back into your view (which will make "all my filters change to those columns"). Always keep an eye on the filter definition on the left!

0 votes

If you go to "Manage FIlters" and select the columns for a filter, you can modify it as you like. The changes will be save donly for that filter. You can then have different columns set for another filter.

If no columns are selected for a filter, it will take the order from issue navigator.

Thank you so much! This solved the problem!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

454 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you